VMware Horizon Community
BL460c
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View Broker Web Interface slow

Does anyone else find the Web Interface for VMware View slow?

I constantly get the small spinning clock when clicking around through the settings.

Is this normal?

viewbroker vm has the following specs

10GB RAM

2vCPU (runs on a HP BL460c G7 Blade with intel Xeon X5650 CPU @ 2.66GHz and the Blade currently has ONLY this VM so its doing nothing)

I noticed it runs quicker in google chrome than IE but its still a little slow

define slow: takes 1-3 seconds of spinning clock each time I click somewhere

anyone got any tips to speed up the interface?

or has anyone got a video of someone clicking through a working interface so I can compare my speeds etc.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gstrouth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Agreed

mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

It last for about a second between screen switching for me.    Here is the youtube channel where I'm sure you can find an example of someone using the admin tool.

http://www.youtube.com/user/vmwareview

PatrizM
Contributor
Contributor

It is acting really slow for me aswell, my server has quite powerfull specs.

Its really annoying at some points were you need to wait couple secs inbetween switching diffrent windows in View Administrator.

0 Kudos
InflxxEC
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed the same thing. It is my first install and I wasn't sure if it was just supposed to be like this. I beefed up my VM as well so I can't think it is the specs. Comforting to know others experiencing the same thing. If anyone has any tips to make quicker please share!

0 Kudos
BL460c
Contributor
Contributor

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I wasn't trying to bash the product I just wanted to make sure it's working as it should.

It's not a huge deal to me but I image users who are in the interface alot would have more issues with it.

Hopefully this can be improved in future versions.

0 Kudos
taopiglet
Contributor
Contributor

Try the fix in this VMware Article:  http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2021050

I tried it and it made a significant difference in the speed of my View Administrator Web console.  I still get the spinning clock occasionally, but it's much faster.

Dave Hudson Sr. Systems Admin - Virtualization
0 Kudos