VMware Horizon Community
iamxCPx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware View BUGS?

Hi all,

We are currently evaluating the VMware View and I think there's a bug with View.

This is what happened.

One of our tester user's view desktop is locking up everytime she's away for more than 10-15 minutes while she has Pandora opened and streaming.

On the View Manager it says the desktop status is ready but we are not able to connect to it with either the Vmware View Client or from the Virtual Center.

I have tried to reset, power off guest, reset guest, etc. and none of them works.

This is the second time this user has experiencing this problem. The first time it happened, we have to basically killed the process from a putty session, rebooted the host and then rebuild the desktop.

I'm glad we have only few tester users so rebooting the host isn't that much of a hassle but can you imagine if we already fully deployed the view with 50 users. Not having the composer compatible with vSphere 4.1 doesn't help either.

Does anyone here has ever experiencing the same problem?

Or does anyone here knows how to get support for View "Evaluation" product? I currently have a support contract for vSphere 4 Standard but would like to open one for View if I could.

When I try to call in to the 800 number and talked with Customer Support, she forwarded me to "Pre-Sales" department instead to get support and off course got a voicemail instead of a live person.

Any help would be appreciated it.

Have a good day! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
regnak
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

So, this doesn't happen if the user is active on the View desktop? If it's kicking in after 10-15 minutes could there be a screen saver activating on the client or VM by any chance, or other power saving features, perhaps on the monitor? I would rule these out as the time scale that you mention points to this. What endpoint is the user using, it is a PC, Laptop, Thin client etc?

Mike

0 Kudos