VMware Horizon Community
michadar5
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View Assing multiple users to single vm's

Hi

My customer need to assign multiple users to single vm (s).

As I understund i can create multiple floating pools each one contains one VM and use floating user assingment. But in that case i must use aproximetly 150 pools!

I can do this and this works but it's not elegant!

What i wan't configure:

One floating pool using view composer linked clones, persistend disc.., thin apps (run from network share)..

So my question is. If i use floating pool with 150 vm's , user always will be strapped persistent disc into the next assigned vm? and whether or not it is time consuming? and what with applications?

If i use composer can user install own aps and what happend if user get another vm from pool??

Regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi ,

You can use Persona management with Floating pool, in which user data will be routed to  network share . Here is  link from vmware learning http://vmwarelearning.com/5yt/vmware-view-persona-management-install-and-configure-demo/

Which will give you idea about persona management.

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
michadar5
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the client does not have permission to manage policies at the domain level (branch office with RODC). I'm afraid that if you configure a policy at the local computer (composer template) it still the domain policy  outweigh local, and users will not benefit from the persona management functjonality Smiley Sad

Regards

Darek

0 Kudos