VMware Horizon Community
edmandsj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware View Administrator --- Not able to perform initial log in

I just setup a VMware View server on Windows Server 2008. I got lots of errors throughout the installation but fixed all of them so the installation would go through properly.  This problem seems basic, I just don't know klnow what to edit to make someone an admin.

Now the services (services.msc) are started and running, etc.

The problem is the going to http://localhost/admin brings me to a login page and NO account will work. Not even domain administrators account. My main question is, how (and where) do I add users to allow them to have access to the View Administrator Console.

Error Message:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/shockwavecs/vmwareviewerror.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

In my experiences anyone in the local administrators group can login right off the bat.  

0 Kudos
edmandsj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i cannot. It does not give me an option to change the domain to the regular local administrator. even if i try hostname\user in the login blank. I am so confused but please be VERY direct on how to do this.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

In my opinion the entire process was simple with nothing tricky.  I installed View Administrator and was able to login no problems.   I am a domain admin which was already a member of the local administrator group.

Is this your first connection broker installed?   If so I would just start over with a fresh OS.   Since it's the first broker and you can't login you wouldn't lose any configuration information. 

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

admin admin or local admin would be able to access, i would install another one parallel VM and see how does the 2nd one fares ..

0 Kudos
npeter
Expert
Expert

Hi,

>I got lots of errors throughout the installation but fixed all of them so the installation would go through properly.

what errors did you get? which account did you use for installation?

Please try to login with Enterprise Administrator account. once loged in you can add a new view admin account under "Configuration->Administrators"

-noble

-nObLe
0 Kudos