VMware Horizon Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware View Administration - Blank Admin Web Page

Hi All,

I am just setting up a test environment with the latest VMware View (5.0 Update 1)

I have installed vCenter Server 5.0 Update 1 - 639890 on one 2008 R2 VM, on that same VM, I installed View Composer 2.7.0 - 481620

On a seperate 2008 R2 VM, I installed View Connection Server (64 Bit) - 5.0.1 - 640055

The installs all went well with no issues, however, When i start the VMware View Administrator portal (https://localhost/admin), i just get a blank grey page. - ie no logon box..

I have Acrobat flash 10.2.159.1 installed. I have disabled IE Enhanced Secuirty Configuration (IE ESC)

Internet Explorer Version is version 8

Does anyone have any ideas as to why the VMview login box is not appearing on the admin page?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
maverick87
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi John,

thanks for your help. Now we are able to conncect to the Admin Webpage.

Both the Server an the Client have an internet conncection.

I think one of the  problems was the Flash installation for the Internet Explorer in X64 mode. We start our Internet Explorer in x32 Mode installed the Flashplayer again and now we can conncet to the admin page.

0 Kudos
MarAndreas
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We just upgraded our connection server, so I can finally provide some "real" input:

Using my normal (Domain) User account, I can use the Admin page normally.

Using a local account, I get a prompt asking me to authenticate with our proxy server.

Canceling causes the grey page.

Authenticating lets me access the Admin page.

On subsequent attempts, the page keeps working even without proxy authentication, until I delete the Flash cache - then I'm back where I started.

0 Kudos
Jon_Holloway
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for the information. A change was made in 4.6.1 and 5.0.1 to the way the View Administrator flash page is loaded.  An unintentional side effect of this is that the page needs to connect to the Internet during the first load.  Apologies that we did not spot this before releasing these View updates.  A workaround therefore is to access the View Administrator from a device which (at least for the first launch) has Internet access.  The issue will be addressed in a future release.

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos
squevill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The Adobe Flash player was my problem... I had set the player to block all sites from storing information locally and that causes the View admin console to fail to display.  All I had to do is to "allow" the View connection server to store stuff locally in the Adobe Flash cache and it's working.

Simply go to the Control Panel and look for the Flash Player settings manager.

0 Kudos
squevill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The problem went away after I "allowed" the View Connection servers to store local content in the Adobe Flash cache.  I had configured the player to block all local storage for all web sites in an attemp to improve security... turns out it broke the View admin console.

0 Kudos