VMware Horizon Community
SunnyV
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View 5 - Trusted Domain authentication

Hello, I've logged a call with VMware about this, but wanted to see if anyone had any idea what the problem I am facing in VMware View 5.

We are developing an upgrade to our existing environment and need help on an issue we can see. We use trusted Domains to allow users through to multiple tenancy domain.

Our View Connection Server is in a Domain, if a user from that Domain, who is entitled tries to log on, they get through. If a user in a trusted domain tries it fails with error Authentication failed . View Events show nothing, but the local machine has an event ID 104-Brokerlogon response xml ERROR = Authentication failure.

We have this working in 4.6 and previously 4.5.

View-AuthenicationFailed.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

View 5 currently needs 2-way AD Trusts. Is that what you have?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
SunnyV
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I have not updated quicker, been updating to update 1 for ESXi5 and View5.

Thanks for your information, it was very helpful.

We have a working View environment, which we know works with Single trusts. I was trying to recreate, using View 5.

What it actually turned out to be, was DNS and reverse lookup.

The problem was that I had no reverse lookup in DNS. By adding a reverse lookup zone in AD and then creating PRT records to AD, connection, security servers, view was able to authenticate to a Domain with Trust. In fact we use a single trust outgoing from our View Connection Server Domain to multiple Domains with single trust incoming, which works. We use Domain Local groups in the outgoing trust Domain and add Global groups from incoming trust Domains.

Hope this helps others!

Regards

Sunny

0 Kudos