VMware Horizon Community
BigTex79
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View 5 - The View Connection Server authentication failed

I have a user when he tries to log into vmware view 5 he gets the error:

2014-02-12 09_42_17-DONNIE-PC - VNC Viewer.png

I've tried refreshing his VDI but it did not work, in one incident that was similar to this I had to completely reload the guest OS.  So I did and it still occurs, I did some looking on the local log and found the following:

13:00:12,287 INFO  <1528> [wswc] Log for VMware View Client, version=5.0.1 build-640055

13:00:12,287 INFO  <1528> [wswc] hostname=Donnie-PC

13:00:12,287 ERROR <MessageFrameWorkDispatch> [wswc_command] brokerGetTunnel (tunnel-connection) response xml ERROR = tunnel session not created

I also checked the event viewer on the admin web interface and it shows he logged in successfully then literally 1 second later he logged off.  I also checked the viewcs server and found these events in the event viewer:

2014-02-11 13_22_57-ptl-viewcs on esx05.dfw1.architel.net.png

2014-02-11 13_23_12-ptl-viewcs on esx05.dfw1.architel.net.png

I can log onto vmware view 5 with this users credentials on my computer and I can get into his VDI just fine.  I can log onto my VDI on his computer just fine, it appears that he can not log in with his credentials on this specific computer.  I also removed his assignment from the specific VDI and readded it but still no go.  Any suggestions???

Tags (2)
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi BigTex79

Thanks for post question on vmware view windows client community.

Since it works from your machine with his credentials and his machine with your credentials, then I'm thinking you can:

1. try to uninstall/reinstall view client(Better to most recent build 2.3, or 5.4 if you need localmode support) on this machine

2. try to create a new Windows profile for this user.

And if it still cannot resolve you problem.

3.You can try the solution in a history thread Authentication Failed for just one user through Security Server --- to reboot security/connection server

If all the 3 workaround can not resolve your problem. Please send send use the trace log of Client and Server machine for further investigation. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BigTex79
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry,

I didn't mention earlier that I had already reinstalled the client, even went to 4.5 w/ local mode but it did the same thing.  I also already put his local machine on the domain then tried connecting and got the same error, so essentially using a new profile.

What is the Security server and it's purpose?  Also, why would resetting the Security server for one user be a valid step toward a resolution?

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Can you restart the broker and check again ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi BigTex79,

To know what's the root cause of this problem. We need your client and connection server's trace log. And based the history thread. Reboot connection server may resolve you problem.

So suggest you to reboot the connection server and check if it resolved your problem. And also send us your log file for root cause analysis. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BigTex79
Contributor
Contributor

Where is the log file located?

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Here is the link to get the log files - http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102774...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Could you let us know if restart broker resolved your problem?

0 Kudos
Dwight_B
Contributor
Contributor

Same error - using Secure Server in the DMZ with Connection Server inside our network.

The issue for us was the Secure Server time was off by 30 minutes - once we fixed the time, all was went back to normal.

0 Kudos