VMware Horizon Community
epaquay
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware View 5 Client - Full screen - Auto-hide bar

Hello,

We are planning to roll out a VMware View solution to our entire staff.

I am looking for a way to have the client by default fullscreen WITH the top bar in auto-hide mode (and all of this from the command line).

auto-hide.png

So far, I have not found any documented command line options to achieve this.

I know that if the first time you to click once to release the top bar it will be kept like that for the next sessions.

But I would like to avoid and explain this to the entire staff.

Alternatively, if you know a command line option/registry to have this bar totally hidden, I am interrested too !

Thanks you,

Have a nice day,

Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HIsgett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Look in the View Administration Guide for Client Group Policies. The option to look for is this:

Pin the shade

X Determines whether the pin on the shade at the top of the View Client window is enabled and autohiding ofthe menu bar does not occur. This setting has no effect if the shade is disabled. This setting is enabled by default.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HIsgett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Look in the View Administration Guide for Client Group Policies. The option to look for is this:

Pin the shade

X Determines whether the pin on the shade at the top of the View Client window is enabled and autohiding ofthe menu bar does not occur. This setting has no effect if the shade is disabled. This setting is enabled by default.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check the following information http://communities.vmware.com/message/589360

Hope this information helps you. http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbulletin-smile.gif

0 Kudos
satya1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

epaquay wrote:

Hello,

We are planning to roll out a VMware View solution to our entire staff.

I am looking for a way to have the client by default fullscreen WITH the top bar in auto-hide mode (and all of this from the command line).

17083_17083.pngauto-hide.png

So far, I have not found any documented command line options to achieve this.

I know that if the first time you to click once to release the top bar it will be kept like that for the next sessions.

But I would like to avoid and explain this to the entire staff.

Alternatively, if you know a command line option/registry to have this bar totally hidden, I am interrested too !

Thanks you,

Have a nice day,

Eric

you can do through customize notification

Yours,

Satya

0 Kudos
RKvmware21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you please give brief, if menubar was hide/ not displayed, how to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos