VMware Horizon Community
KennyOnga
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View 5.0 - The connection to the remote computer ended.

Hi guys, I am running VMware View 5.0 on VSphere5 and using HP T5570e thin clients.. What happens is the user establishes a session successfully (logs onto the view agent) but as soon as the windows desktop logs on, they constantly get this error "The connection to the remote computer ended."

Attached is a log file. Any help will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Have you checked to see if RDP works?    What about your verifying that the correct firewall ports are open for PCOIP.    In the logs there was an error message about refusing the connection.

07/03/2012, 09:25:29.616> LVL:1 RC:-500      MGMT_SCHAN :scnet_client_open: tera_sock_connect failed to connect to desktop!
07/03/2012, 09:25:29.616> LVL:1 RC:-500      MGMT_SCHAN :scnet_client_open: tera_sock_connect returned error 10061 - Connection refused!

0 Kudos
KennyOnga
Contributor
Contributor

RDP works perfectly. As for the firewall ports, i will  have to check with the security team and advise. I'm assuming these would be the ports of interest:

Source

Destination

Port

Protocol

View Desktop

Connection Server

JMS

Admin Browser

Connection Server

HTTP

Admin Browser

Connection Server

HTTPS

Client

Connection Server

PCoIP
(TCP and UDP)

Client

Connection Server

HTTPS

Connection Server

View Desktop Subnet

PCoIP

Connection Server

View Desktop Subnet

RDP

Connection Server

Virtual Center Server

HTTPS

Connection Server

Virtual Center Server

HTTP

Connection Server

Virtual Center Server
(View Composer)

HTTPS

Am i missing any other ports?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Here is a KB that will list all of them, http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1027217.   Also keep in mind any firewalls inside the guest OS.

0 Kudos