VMware Horizon Community
ITTech2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware View 5.0 - Switch from Lossless to Perceptual Lossless

VMware View PCoIP is set to Lossless by default, how do I switch it to perceptual lossless?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mgmn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

On your View Connection Server, look in the directory Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\GroupPolicyFiles.

You'll see the PCOIP adm file. Add that to group policy and set: "Turn off Build-to-lossless feature" to enabled and check the "I accept..." box.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mgmn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

On your View Connection Server, look in the directory Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\extras\GroupPolicyFiles.

You'll see the PCOIP adm file. Add that to group policy and set: "Turn off Build-to-lossless feature" to enabled and check the "I accept..." box.

0 Kudos
ITTech2002
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks much...  Sounds like I need to update the GPO admin template as well.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
lmhealthcare
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having a hard time getting this answer from the docs. Is this an Agent GPO policy or a Connection Server policy?

I can see this as a great setting to change for my remote users, as they are on a different Connection server anyway.

0 Kudos
mgmn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The pcoip adm template is applied to my view desktops ou and I have seen the settings take effect. Perhaps it could be applied to the connection server, haven't tried that though.

0 Kudos