VMware Horizon Community
mas1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware View 4 - PCoIP - Scanning is very slow

When scanning from a USB scanner from a fat client without VDI, it takes 7 seconds. When using VMware View 4.0 with PCoIP, it takes 52 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Rgds

M

Blog: persian-troll.com - Twitter: @MadjidSaeedi
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I sent an email to teradici support and they verified that the speed was closer to USB 1.1 instead of 2.0. If you PM me your email I'll send you the conversation

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you positive that the session they started is PCoIP? We are piloting View in an area that does alot of scanning when we started off we were using RDP (as printer passthrough was not supported with PCoIP yet) and scanning was much slower than the user just using their local PC. When the latest update included PPT we switched them over to PCoIP and scanning performance significantly improved.

They typically scan multiple page batches and with View there is a ~3-5 second hesitation before it starts to scan but once the scan starts its as fast as their physical PC.

0 Kudos
cresch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you ever find any resolution or improvement?

We're seeing similar behavior. With VDI client, I can scan at 200dpi and it will scan pause about 3 secs, then scan 1-2 pages, then pause for another 7-8 secs, and repeat until the scan job is complete.

Does this possibly have to do with a usb 1.1 limitation as opposed to usb 2.0 support somewhere?

(Incidentally, I have yet to make this same Canon DR-2580C work at all from the same VM accessed via a Wyse P20 client)

0 Kudos
mas1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No. Unfortunately we haven't found any resolution. This case was actually "show stopper" for our VDI project.

M

0 Kudos
Slushy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Greetings.

PCoIP runs at USB 1.1 speeds, and that is the reason for the speed hit.

mas1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Interesting! Are you sure? Do you have any documentation from VMware to confirm this?

M

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I sent an email to teradici support and they verified that the speed was closer to USB 1.1 instead of 2.0. If you PM me your email I'll send you the conversation

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
mas1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! I believe you! I have also got confirmation about this from other friends.

Rgds

M

0 Kudos