VMware View 4 Multiple Monitor Issue

I have installed the trial of vmware view 4, but am having trouble getting

the multiple monitor to work. I have set up a manual desktop pool with a

single VM running on ESX. The group is configured to use PCOIP

only. I have installed the client on a windows XP machine, and I can

launch the view client and log in without issue. I select Multiple

Monitors.

What I get is small windows XP screen, in the middle of my two monitors, say

a resolution of 800 x 600, and the rest is black. The two monitors I am using on the terminal

are 1600 x 1200, and that is the max resolution I have set in the desktop

group.

If I try to do full screen, I get similar behavior, only across one

monitor. I have confirmed that my

resolutions are the same across both monitors on the terminal, and that they

are configured horizontally.

Has anyone gotten this working? Is it

something simple I am doing wrong? Any

help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

After configuring the desktop pool for multimonitor did you completely power down the virtual machine? The settings will not take affect until it has been powered down at least one time. A reboot / reset will not work.

WP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

After configuring the desktop pool for multimonitor did you completely power down the virtual machine? The settings will not take affect until it has been powered down at least one time. A reboot / reset will not work.

WP

0 Kudos
blazinride
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did it. Your right, I had reset instead of power down, power off. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No problem.. glad its working. I am addicted to multimonitor so I will do anything to get it working for someone else Smiley Happy

WP

0 Kudos
fatih
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi ,

I have the exact same problem/symptom. I also powered down the VM as it is stated in manual and then it worked. But the problem is that I am using nonpersistent VM and every VM is deleted after a user have logged of and then a new VM is provisioned instantly and then we have the same problem again. The new provisioned VM must be powered down one more time after it have been provisioned to have PCoIP working. Is'nt really a working solution in production with many VM, not even in a small lab trial it get's annoying instantly if you have to shut down it after every provisioning.

I also have tried to let the pcoip_server_win32.exe autostart by putting it in the registry and I can see after I logged in with a user that it is getting started but the same problem with the monitor still exists as blazinride explained at the beginning of this thread.

Either this have to be an big annoying bug or am I missing something .. ?

/Fatih

0 Kudos
mammer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue as Faith and would like to know if there's a resolution.

0 Kudos
pharmer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just add the following to the vmx file of your master image (when its powered off)

svga.numDisplays = "4"

svga.maxWidth = "6400"

svga.maxHeight = "4800"

svga.vramSize = "122880000"

Then snapshot it again and generate your linked clones from that

All your clones then should be PCoIP capable with correct monitors and resolution (don't worry about setting monitors to "4", PCoIP will use what ever you have connected correctly (1,2,3 or 4 monitors)

Please award points if you found this heplful

0 Kudos