VMware Horizon Community
COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VMware View 4 Client -

When you fire up the client, how can I set it to always use the "Display" setting to full screen or whatever we decide? It keeps stopping at that point and needs user interaction to select and click the "Connect" button. We want to set default values so it just strats right up.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EGarbuzov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What's the switch param for "Log in as current user..."?

logInAsCurrentUser <xxx> -- Same behavior as if you select Log in as current user: <xxx> in the desktop dialog box. When specified, the identity and credential information that the user provided when logging in to the client system is passed to the View Connection Server instance and ultimately to the View desktop.

Switch param value: true or false

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EGarbuzov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Create the shortcut to launch View Client in fully scripted mode:

"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Client\bin\wswc" -serverURL &lt;server&gt; -userName &lt;username&gt; -password &lt;password&gt; -domainName &lt;domain&gt; -desktopName &lt;desktop&gt;

See more details: View Manager 4.0.1 Administration Guide page 115.

COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Also, what are the possible properties for the following switch? Where do I get the "desktopname"? Remember, I'm new at this so if sounds stupid let me know.

-desktopName

0 Kudos
EGarbuzov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

desktopName &lt;xxx&gt; -- Desktop name for the select desktop dialog box. Note: This is the name as you see it in the select desktop dialog box

"-desktopName" is a name of your desktop pool, whiсh you choose in View Client window.

EGarbuzov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

logInAsCurrentUser <xxx> -- Same behavior as if you select Log in as current user: <xxx> in the desktop dialog box. When specified, the identity and credential information that the user provided when logging in to the client system is passed to the View Connection Server instance and ultimately to the View desktop.

Switch param value: true or false

0 Kudos
COS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks for your help.

Points awarded.

0 Kudos