VMware Horizon Community
Theblacksheep
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View 4.5 publishing through Microsoft Unified Access Gateway 2010u2

I've followed the VMware KB (1025861) for publishing VMware View 4.5 though Microsoft Unified Access Gateway 2010.

The application is available in the trunk. The VPN tunnel gets setup, the View webpage opens and in-turn the VMware View 4.5 application opens. Next the pre-logon box is shown and then the a login box available. Logging in is successful and this can be verified in the View Administrator monitoring log. All good so far, initial connection is being tunnelled correctly. The problem comes about with 'securing connection' and it just stays on this....forever.

I have since added a security server with exactly the same results.

Both the connection server and security server can be used to connect to VMs on the internal network.

VMware View is on 4.5

VMware vCenter 4.1 and ESX4.1

Microsoft Unified Access Gateway 2010 is on Update2 (running on esxi)

I understand this currently may not be the most widely used configuration, but does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting? seen any issues with publishing VMware View 4.5? or know if update2 for UAG knocked it out? (although the vague MS release notes directly specify (non vendor specific) VDI support)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

do you have resolve your problem ?

I'm actually working on publishing View 5.1 and UAG 2010.

Waiting to hear from you ! Regards

0 Kudos
Theblacksheep
Contributor
Contributor

No, but I've not retried with UAG 2010 SP2 and VMware View 5.1.  UAG 2010 SP3 is expected Q1 too.

be interested to see how you get on!

0 Kudos
MrBaba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've start a  new discussion here to make it up to date with forefront and UAG 2010 http://communities.vmware.com/message/2190661#2190661

For the moment the support link me to the same KB i linked http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102586... but they didn't confirm that is compatible with view  5.1.

I'll keep the new post update.

regards,

0 Kudos