VMware Horizon Community
jburleigh
Contributor
Contributor

VMware View 4.5 ESX 4.0 Update 1 with Windows 7 Black Screen PCIOP

I know this has been discussed, but I am still having an issue with my Windows 7 clients running PCIOP wih WYSE P20 devices.

Here is what I have tried.

Created new Windows 7 desktop VM.  Installed VMware tools reboot.  Install VMware 4.5 Agent reboot.

Created manual desktop pool and entitlement.

Disabled firewall on the workstation

Added groups to local admin and remote desktop to allow remote access

Updated firmware on Wyse P20 to v3.2.1_v296.zip

I have also changed the video driver from SVGA II to SVGA WDDM 7.14.1.49 7/16/2010, and 7.14.1.31 9/17/2009.

Disabled through the registry any GPO start notifications.

SR# 1615452571 opened with VMware which has been two weeks with no resolution, and the lack of assistance has been disappointing.

I have tried KB articles 1018158, 1016753

Any info or insight would be appreciated.

John - VCP 2x, 3x, 4x

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds like you have been working on this for awhile.   Do the clienit side logs give any information  of what's happening when trying to connect?

0 Kudos
bshubinsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I had the same problem and it stemmed from a .bat script trying to run but getting hung up by UAC, which wasn't showing because the desktop hadn't fully loaded it. I had to recreate any .bat scripts I had in .vbs format. Not sure if that is your problem but I'd figure I'd throw it out there.

0 Kudos
jburleigh
Contributor
Contributor

After working with VMware support on this particular issue.  There is an updated View agent we are testing.  It appears to resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
AlainL
Contributor
Contributor

Being in the exactly same situation than yours except that we are working with Dell FX100 zero client (that host the same Teradici processor than P20), I can report that we solved the problem by applying the latest Teradici firmware V3.3.0 Build 321.

Alain

0 Kudos