VMware Horizon Community
jcw248
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware View 3.1 cant login for 45 mins after recompose of linked clone

We are running VMware View 3.1 with ESX 3.5 u 4. The recompose appears to run through and build the machine fine. Although, I keep getting an error stating that the machine is not ready when I try to initiate a connection to the virtual machine in the pool. Checking my composer logs I have found this that makes me wonder exactly which DC is this data getting changed on. My thinking is that it is having to replicate data from #1 DC to whatever number my DC is. It takes us about 45 minutes to be able to initiate the recompose and be able to log back into the machine.

As always any help is appreciated.

Copy of log that this is based on

2009-06-25 10:53:51,957 | WFE thread 4 | INFO | ServiceCore.ActiveDirectory.AdUtil - Attempting to add a computer account using DC 1 of 84

2009-06-25 10:53:53,442 | WFE thread 4 | INFO | ServiceCore.ActiveDirectory.AdUtil - Password has been reset for an existing computer account.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcw248
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Found that the underlying issue was we were pointing to a different time source than our DCs. Changed the NTP settings on the ESX to point to our DCs and systems rolled right through. Just an FYI this cost me about 2 days of work.

0 Kudos