VMware Horizon Community
edutz1014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware VDI and Adobe Creative Suite Issues

I have a client who is trying to do a pilot of VMware horizon 5.3. They are using Wyse thin clients to connect to view. They are having some major performance issues with Adobe creative suite version 6 (photo shop and premier). The pilot hardware is 3 Dell PowerEdge R 720 servers with a Dell Equallogic 10 GB iSCSI SAN with 15k SAS drives. This hardware is dedicated to VDI and the total number of desktops will be under 75.

My question is this- Will this even work for applications like Adobe Creative suite. The client is going to buy new hardware to for the production VDI infrastructure. This is for a school district so I doubt they can afford to go all flash storage. Any recommendations on integration with VMware horizon and Adobe Creative Suite?

Thanks

Ed

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Please add some more details about what the problems are, "performance issues" does not say much...

Is it disk, cpu, memory, graphics, pcoip-traffic, mouse-lag or something else?

How are the virtual machines configured? vCPU:s, memory, disk

Are 3D rendering configured? If so are you using software or hardware? If hardware are you using vSGA or vDGA?

Are you using PCoIP or RDP? Any optimizing done on that?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
seanmassey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've run Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and InDesign) in a Horizon View environment at my last job for a small newspaper that one department put out, so it is possible.  If you could provide more details about the performance issues you're seeing, that would be helpful.  Also, can you provide details about the virtual desktops - including if you're using linked or full clones and if they are floating or dedicated assignment?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

This Discussion has been successfully moved from 10. Troubleshooting View to VMware® Horizon View™

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

It is possible but you will have to provide more details about the environment. Did they follow the best practices when designing the environment ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos