VMware Horizon Community
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware UEM and Microsoft User Profile Disks

Hi guys,

is someone here who tried to use UEM and UPD? We want to use User Profile Disks because it give us the ability to use dynamic user aissgnment and profile disks on a linked clone pool. But if i try to use UEM for application settings im getting the following error:

2018-06-27 14:31:37.981 [FATAL] Error importing archive '\\***\uemconfig$\General\FlexRepository\Settings\Reg\Mozilla Firefox.zip'.

2018-06-27 14:31:37.981 [ERROR] Error importing UEM settings ('Mozilla Firefox.xml')

2018-06-27 14:31:40.668 [FATAL] FlexUtils::ExecuteCommand: Error 5 calling '"C:\Windows\REGEDIT.EXE" /S "C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Temp\FLXF4CA.tmp"' (AsUser)

I think the reason is that UEM has a problem with a linked profile. The userprofiledisk looks in the users folder like:

pastedImage_0.png

Has someone who tried UPD and UEM and got this working?

Thanks!

regards

Alex

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi apelz,

"Error 5" is "access denied". Do your users have permission to run RegEdit.exe, or is this maybe a hardened system?

BTW, would you mind continuing our conversation in the UEM forum? I try to keep an eye out for UEM questions in the Horizon forum, but I can't always keep up. Also, maybe some of the other users in the UEM forum have some ideas.

0 Kudos
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi UEMdev,

thanks for your reply. Im sorry I didnt recognized that there is a special forum for uem. I will recreate this thread there. The users have the rights to use regedit. I think the problem is that the profile is like a linked folder in the os or did you already tried user profile disks with uem?

regards

Alex

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi apelz,

No problem. I've responded over in the UEM forum.

0 Kudos