VMware Horizon Community
AllBlack
Expert
Expert

VMware OSOT settings not applying

Hi team

Up until now I have only used OSOT with the default Windows 10 template as it worked fine for me.
I now have to make changes to my existing optimized image and I feel they are not sticking.
To keep it simple for testing purposes, I changed the set wallpaper to solid color value.
When I optimize this setting is visible in registry. Re-analyze confirms this too. And I can see in my master that the background as effectively changed.

When I redeploy the pool I do not get the new colour and old value shows up in registry.
I also tested this with other background related settings and the behaviour is the same. Shows in master after optimizing but not in desktops when I redeploy pool.
What am I doing wrong? Very frustrating....

Please consider marking my answer as "helpful" or "correct"
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@AllBlack 

Please check if the setting in the master image is not overwritten by the existing setting in the userprofile. If I'm correct, the wallpaper settings are a user setting, so you can change the master image and it will work for "new" users, but existing users will probably still have the old setting in their profile? Don't know what you use as profile management solution, so be sure to check that out.

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
AllBlack
Expert
Expert

Thanks Mickey

I wondered about that. I am using FSLogix but I deleted that profile to see if it made a difference. I am still not getting the colour I am expecting to see. 
I am getting to a point where I may roll out a vanilla pool without FSlogix or anything else and see what happens then.

Please consider marking my answer as "helpful" or "correct"
0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not sure if this helps, but we had an issue in the past where a wallpaper set by GPO was sticking even after reverting the GPO setting and several attempts to set a new wallpaper via DEM, GPO and registry edit failed. Finally it was found that the wallpaper was coming from the below registry path and deleting that on the clones (via DEM) resolved the issue.

reg DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v Wallpaper /f

reg DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v WallpaperStyle /f

BTW, posting this query in the OSOT flings page could be helpful.

Cheers,

Jubish

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos