VMware Horizon Community
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware OS Optimization tool, Screen Saver

I'm trying to create a gold image for deployment, however when i use the tool I'm having a problem with the screen saver after 15 minutes. i wish to change some settings for this. however i am unable to do so.

i have tried registry changes, GPO, etc and all nothing.

if i do not run the optimization tool for a test VM i can adjust settings like i want. but the moment i do, i cannot.

does anybody know what setting i need to adjust in the tool to let me do what i would like? because i am unable to find it in there.

VMware OS Optimization Tool | VMware Flings

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

What does this mean and can you share what you've set in the gpos, also look at power settings as well.

0 Kudos
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

well i have tried different registry changes, another person with the same problem said he has done GPO settings

"MaxH • Feb 27, 2020

Has anyone had VMs lock after 15 minutes of inactivity after running the Optimization tool? I'm unable to reverse or modify this setting. I've tried multiple settings, reg changes, GPO changes. The VMs continue to lock after 15 minutes."

i replied to his comment that i am also having this problem

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Where does that comment come from, please share something that's shows what you've done, its very hard to go off of it doesn't work please fix it requests. Take a look at this, as much information as you can provide will help us not waste time redoing what you've already done

How To Ask For Help On Tech Forums

Now outside of that look at

Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display - Microsoft Community

the one I've seen the tool is the power policy, you need to use gpedit to set to your own policy and then make sure the screen timeout in the power policy is

0 Kudos
Speedbmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware OS Optimization Tool | VMware Flings

under comments scroll down to February 27. you will see the comment

here is some of the links i went to for information about changing this

How to Change the Windows 10 Lock Screen Timeout

https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/adjust-windows-10-lock-screen-timeout

even though i did the change nothing would stop the screen saver, could be power, from changing.

it's always grayed out.

I'm trying to find in the tool what is causing this problem so i can UN-click it

0 Kudos