VMware Horizon Community
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VMware Integrated Printing-Local USB Printer not showing

Hello All,

What are the requirements for VMware Integrated Printing to work for home users.
I have enabled that feature on my Horizon Agent on Master image but when logging in from home I do not see my locally attached USB printer in my session. We are using 10zig thinclient with Horizon Client 2106 on them and have Printer redirection enabled in its settings and still don't see that. I have checked my firewall and I saw port 32111 getting blocked so I have allowed it between UAG and desktop pool and still don't see that printer. Reading the document https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2106/horizon-remote-desktop-features/GUID-39C87770-69C9-4E... I see it mentions that VMware Integrated Printing uses TCP port 9427 but I don't even see that port in my firewall as trying to connect.

I am testing now with Windows based client and getting the same result with the exception that it does pass through all other printers I have on my Windows Client like Adobe PDF, XPS and other network printers. Just not the locally attached USB printer. I can see it in Devices in Windows Client and can print a test page.

Right now Firewall is allowing Clinets to hit UAG over 32111 TCP and UAG allowed to VDI pool over 32111 TCP - not sure if it's actually even needed.

Horizon Pool has a policy override to allow USB for user I'm testing with. 

Can somebody please outline to me what is needed for that to work?

We are currently on Horizon 7.13.1, agents are 7.13 and UAG is 2111.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello,

After couple of calls with VMware support we have decided to reinstall Agent with VMware Integrated printing selected right away and everything is working as expected now. Before we have not reinstalled the agent, instead we have just modified existing installation.

Thank you everyone for suggestions 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

So a quick update on this. After further troubleshooting it appears that renaming locally attached USB printer is causing this behavior and printer no longer is visible in the session. When I installed this printer on Client computer it came in like HP Laserjet 402 UPD DN so I have renamed it to HomeOfficePrinter for simplicity. I guess that is breaking the redirection. Once I have removed the printer from client computer and reinstalled it with default name HP Laserjet 402 UPD DN printer gets properly redirected to the sessin.

Anyone encountered it? Is it a bug or am I missing something here?

0 Kudos
zhanghui1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Renaming the local attached printer supposed to work as well.

Could you provide more detail information about the issue?  It would be better to provide the agent-side logs for analysis.

0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

For those printers w/o name change did they show up in the remote session? Trying to understand if the problem is only with printers that got name changed.

After renaming printer names did you try to log off the session then log back in?

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes other printers that then names were not changed work fine and pass onto VDI session. I have logged off the session completely and rebooted the client computer to make sure the name change is properly registered and still cannot get the printer that was renamed in the session. I'm not using any filtering through GPO yet 

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Let me gather some logs from agent and post it here. 

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello,

After couple of calls with VMware support we have decided to reinstall Agent with VMware Integrated printing selected right away and everything is working as expected now. Before we have not reinstalled the agent, instead we have just modified existing installation.

Thank you everyone for suggestions 

0 Kudos