VMware Horizon Community
jmechlow
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon version 2103 Failed Install

Hello, 

I just upgraded my home personal desktop computer to windows 10, not a clean install, last night at the request of my employer in order to have VMware Horizon VDI software installed on it because Windows 7 was no longer supported and thats what I had. However, after upgrading, I am still unable to install VMware Horizon. I have attempted to install Versions 2103, 2012, and 2006. I have tried disabling my antivirus software and have also tried disabling firewalls. I have already spoken with ITS support at my employer, they suggested that I reach out here to seek support.

Unfortunately, .txt and .log file types aren't allowed as attachments, so I have attached my installer log from this morning in .pdf format.

My computer is running Windows 10 Home 64-bit (Version 10.0, Build 19042), Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 24GB RAM.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sounds to me like they've "thrown you under the bus" in terms of getting help - surely they should be doing this on your behalf?

Do they have a support contract?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jmechlow
Contributor
Contributor

They said because it is a personal device, they won't provide me support as they don't want to be held liable. It's a state government job, so they're very particular with what they will do and won't do.

0 Kudos
rogal7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

When you ran a setup, try Customize Installation Option and deselect USB Redirection, Log on as current user and Install HTML5 multimedia redirection. 

Regards,

Mirek

0 Kudos
jmechlow
Contributor
Contributor

Mirek,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, however, that did not work either - even with AV disabled. I even tried to run as administrator, setting Automatic Selection, and deselecting everything else including virtualization pack for skype and media optimization for microsoft teams as well, that got the installation loading bar to about 99% completion but still failed to install.

I feel like "Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package." has something to do with it, but not sure/no idea how to fix.

0 Kudos
rogal7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

This is most likely windows problem. Try this one: 

- Restart Windows installer service

- Run .NET repair tool - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

- run sfc /scannow from command prompt as admin

- reset Windows updates: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/windows-update-resources

Regards,

Mirek

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If these don't work, and sfc /scannow works 0.00009% of the time, just backup what you have reload your device and start install it fresh. That may seem extereme but you'll save your fustration. Its most likely an operating system issue like mentioned or a conflict wiht another program. One thing to realize is most people, unless you see (employeee) in there name are volunteers and not support, and they too are most likely volunteering. Optimally your employer should at least open a support ticket on your behalf, but if not the steps mentioned already seem like the only viable troubleshooting at this point to me since you may just end up spending alot of time and getting to the same end anyway.