VMware Horizon Community
PeterSobejko
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon on Cenntos - Multisession, farm, application pool - not working.

Hello,

I'm testing VMware Horizon. I'm bit stuck as I'm struggling with setting up an application pool or multisession on Centos machines. 

What is working:

Single session mode is fine no problem. I can access Centos GUI

What is not working:

As soon as I try to enable the multisession mode on Centos I can create application pool and add the for example Firefox, but if multisession is enabled I'm not able to either connect to the Centos Desktop or Lunch published app. 

Errors I'm getting:

Unable to launch from Pool X for user X : All responding machines are currently in use 

- I already tried restarting the agents, rebooting the machine, ensuring everyone is logged off including the Vsphere console
- As soon as I reinstall agent for single session I can log in to desktop fine

- Pool is configured as Manual Pool
- I tried only desktop pool, only application pool, both 

- With multisession enable I'm also not able to add the machine to Farm. 

I'm running set up with single Centos 7 machine. Horizon Server is on 2019.  I tried to follow all the guides and I'm just in a dot any help would be appreciated:

Any suggestions ? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeterSobejko
Contributor
Contributor

I've also tried the same thing on Ubuntu and getting same results. Single session agent installed GUI desktop fine. 

Changing agent to multisession on Ubuntu and same problem cannot connect to GUI or published app. 

0 Kudos
yanchaozhang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi PeterSobejko,

CentOS is not supported for MultiSession/Farm/app publish, you can try REHL/Ubuntu instead.

0 Kudos
yanchaozhang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

For Ubuntu, make sure you use either

-  automated farm, in this case, you need to install linux agent in managed mode and create an automated farm based on the newly installed vm;

-  manual farm, in this case, you need to install linux agent in un-managed mode;

0 Kudos