VMware Horizon Community
ZbyszekS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Horizon multiple deplyments one vCenter... possible? supported?

Hi,

we are in planning phase of deploying Horizon in our infrastructure. We have decided to go with Add-On licenses as we already have VMware ESXi environment based on Ent.+ licenses.

Issue which we have is that we have multiple domains with no trust in between. We are now thinking how to deploy horizon without the need of putting trusts in place.

The idea which we have is to have 2 separated deployments of Horizon like:

- 1xConnection server Domain A

- 1xJMP server Domain A

and than another one in Domain B

- 1xConnection server Domain B

- 1xJMP server Domain B

both deployments pointing to the same vCenter. I have looked for similar post and found that it can be unsupported when using composer but what if I will not use composer but JMP?

Is there another solution? Just keep in mind that setting up second vCenter is not an option.....

thanks

Zbyszek

5 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

2 Horizon Deployments using same vCenter

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
ZbyszekS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

thanks I have seen it all before but it does not clearly answer my question. Composer yes it's not supported but JMP?

thanks

Zbyszek

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You should open a ticket to get a verified support, as a lot of people, me included don't work for vmware. That said, there is nothing that says its not supported anywhere, the parts I would be concerned with is deploying to the same esxi hosts, as there runs a possibility of conflicts. Outside of that its just put more of a load on center. JMP shouldn't be much of an issue since that just is an middle man between all of the EUC components.