VMware Horizon Community
pmsb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Horizon View RDP Virtual Channel Bridge SDK

Hello,

i have two questions about the SDK.

- Vdp_rdpvcbridge.dll from the SDK is based on undocumented external runtime libraries. Do anybody know, which libraries i have to install?

- The second problem is, that we are unable to identify, if there is a “normal” rdp connection or a VMware virtual channel.

Thanks

Tobias

0 Kudos
3 Replies
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The only library that needs to be installed is the VC9 SP1 runtime, however the View Agent and/or View Client already install that so you shouldn't need to install that as well.  So no, as long as you are deploying on top of a View Client or View Agent installation, you shouldn't need to install any additional external runtime libraries.  If you are having trouble loading it, the best tool to use is Dependency Walker (a Microsoft tool) to see which libraries are missing.

There is no normal RDP connection.  This library is used to allow you to talk over PCoIP virtual channels but using a more friendly API: the WTS APIs.

0 Kudos
pmsb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Grossag,

thats for the reply.

But how can we identify in our code, if we have a RDP connection or PCoIP?

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you use the bridge SDK and call WTSQuerySessionInformation, the WTS_INFO_CLASS struct that is used has a WTSClientProtocolType entry.  It is 0 for console, 2 for RDP, and I believe 9 for PCoIP.

0 Kudos