VMware Horizon Community
dermaddin53
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon View Lizensierung Anfrage

edited: translated from German to English after suggestion

Hello @ all

For some time now I have been looking for detailed Information about Licensing and Pricing of the VMware Horizon View components.

We currently have an environment composed of ESXi 5.1 and vSphere for our Server Virtualization. The base is already there.

VMware Horizon View has already been tested on a small scale with available evaluation licenses. Now we would like to make some calculations for a possible bigger roll-out of about 80 to 100 users at first.

The problem is that I was unable to find some specific answers to some question I was having. The "White Paper" about Prices and licenses was unable to help me.

I am having trouble with the following points:

1. Which licenses are required for our Environment? - I found a bit of Information about Bundles and Add-ons but I am not a hundred percent sure what is needed with our existing infrastructure.

2. For what time frame are the acquired licenses usable? - I was unable to find out if the licenses are acquired for a specific time Frame (month/year/...) or if it is a one-time purchase and only the support generates steady costs.

3. Does a unified Price-list exist? Or is the Price dependant on the retailer?

These are the most pressing issues I currently have and I would be very gratefull for any help or directions I could take.

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Sincerely

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Post in English will help you to get quick answers Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos