VMware Horizon Community
RickBoyett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Horizon View 5.2 Feature Pack... gone into hiding.

Does anyone know where to find this?  It is required to enable Unity Touch and the Blast Secure Gateway for HTML.  Unfortunatly it isn't on the download site.

Perhaps this is a new scavenger hunting game to help us prepare for all those Easter Eggs at the end of the month..  :smileysilly:

========================================================================= Rick Boyett HP Enterprise Services Infrastructure Modernization (IMOD) VMware VCP 2, 3, 4 VMware VCAP-DCA4
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

This is not yet available for download as this in another release cycle, but have patience it will be released soon.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
BaiG1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi Linjo

so this means, right now we still cant integrate horizon view with horizon workspace.

i mean we cant launch view desktop from workspace, right?

very apprecaite for your reply

thanks

Best Regards

Bai

0 Kudos
neenarazdan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You still can integerate View and Horizon and launch desktops via RDP/PCOIP. Launch of desktop via HTML was not supported yet,

However here is the Beta download link that has HTML Access http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/beta/vmware_view_beta

0 Kudos
BaiG1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Neenarazdan

very appreciate for your reply

i followed the documents to configure the integration.

but when i right click the desktop pool from workspace, i can choose launch with desktop client.  and then i ask me if i have desktop client installed. i choose yes. it give me a warning said non secure link will be used, ask me if i want to continue, i said yes, then nothing will appear.

do you mee this ? or  could you share me some documents or methods to fix this?

thanks again

0 Kudos
neenarazdan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you say that you want to launch desktop with Browser/HTML, you should not be asked you if you have View client already installed. However the other message that you say is coming from browser and is reasonable.

What is the Browser version that you are using. Is it I.E.8.0? If so,

Change the security level setting in Internet Explorer to Display Mixed Content.

Open Internet Explorer>Tools > Internet Options>Security tab> Custom level>Enable for Display Mixed Content.

Restart browser and check if it works.

0 Kudos
BaiG1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Neenarazdan

that works, thanks for your great help.

now i will try using access from WAN, not LAN Smiley Happy

Wish me luck

Best Regards

Bai

0 Kudos
neenarazdan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

🙂 remember its a beta product...Good Luck though

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

The feature pack is now available for download:

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_horizon_view/5_2

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
erichung
Contributor
Contributor

Joel Lindberg 编写:

The feature pack is now available for download:

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_horizon_view/5_2

// Linjo

Thanks for your information ,but i register a trial horzion view and it's can't be download.

0 Kudos
semplify
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here:

We are activating your licensing key entitlement, re-try your download soon.

:smileycry:

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This should now be fixed.  You should be able to download the feature pack by registering for the trial here:

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=horizon-view

Please let me know if this doesn't work.  My apologies for the inconvenience!

- Chris

0 Kudos