VMware Horizon Community
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VMware Horizon External access

i have strange issue with Horizon 7.10 , where i can connect to windows 10 vDesktops from my local Lan , but once  i go to same desktop in same pool and try to connect externally from internet , windows console open and then stuck in apply DEM or sometime in Appvolumes applying configuration and windows stuck here

knowing that im using UAG 3.8 with horizon 7.10 and smart policy applied to disable some featuers if client location is extrenal

any idea what could be the issue ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What are the features disabled thru Smart Policy?

To allow external client devices to connect to a Unified Access Gateway appliance within the DMZ, the front-end firewall must allow traffic on certain ports. By default the external client devices and external Web clients (HTML Access) connect to a Unified Access Gateway appliance within the DMZ on TCP port 443. If you use the Blast protocol, port 8443 must be open on the firewall, but you can configure Blast for port 443 as well.

Mainly look for the below network ports between the UAG and VDI Desktops subnets are open in firewall.

TCP and UDP

Unified Access Gateway

Desktops and RDS Hosts

Blast Extreme

TCP and UDP

Unified Access Gateway

Desktops and RDS Hosts

PCoIP (optional)

TCP

Unified Access Gateway

Desktops and RDS Hosts

Framework channel for USB Redirection

TCP

Unified Access Gateway

Desktops and RDS Hosts

MMR and CDR

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

im sure its not a port issue

as winsows loading and you can see windows loaing blue screen but it lost in loop while loading DEM policiese and sometimnes in Appvolume , it keep loaing and never have open the windows

0 Kudos