VMware Horizon Community
srietberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware Horizon Cloud Pod with single UAG behavior

Dear vCommunity,

I have a question. At the moment we have the following Horizon setup; We have a Cloud Pod configuration between 2 sites. For example of the question lets say: Connection Server 1 on Site 1 and Connection Server 1 on Site 2. For remote connections we use a VMware UAG. This VMware UAG is bound to a separate SAML enabled Connection Server on Site 2 (Connection Server 2 on Site 2). When i look at the Horizon Administrator on a Connection server of Site 2, is see both Connection servers (Server 1, 2 of Site 2) and the UAG. But when i look at the Connection server of Site 1 (Server 1, Site 1) i see that there are some remote sessions that are through the UAG of Site 2. Is this normal behavior ? I know that the Cloud Pod architecture shares sessions across the 2 Sites. But i find it strange that Site 1 gets remote connections when only Site 2 has a UAG.

Thanks in advance !

Greetings,

Sven

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

srietberg​ - Yes, this is normal and expected.

UAG is doing brokering with CS2 in site 2, but with CPA, a user can have a desktop/app session in any POD. When the user authenticates via UAG it will always be with CS2 in site 2, but when they launch a desktop/app that may be in site 1 or maybe in site 2 depending on how you have set up CPA entitlements. The user's Blast or PCoIP session could be from client > UAG > site-2 desktop or client > UAG > site-1 desktop.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

srietberg​ - Yes, this is normal and expected.

UAG is doing brokering with CS2 in site 2, but with CPA, a user can have a desktop/app session in any POD. When the user authenticates via UAG it will always be with CS2 in site 2, but when they launch a desktop/app that may be in site 1 or maybe in site 2 depending on how you have set up CPA entitlements. The user's Blast or PCoIP session could be from client > UAG > site-2 desktop or client > UAG > site-1 desktop.

brimar5485
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Mark,

I have a similar setup except my Cloud Pod configuration is between 2 building on a big site. I have two UAG servers setup with builtin load balancer feature, actually my UAG servers are bound on POD02. For better robustness is it possible to split each UAG gateway on each POD or is better to create a new pair of UAG server for POD01 and put a Load Balancer in front of this two pair of UAG ?

UAG 3.8, Horizon 7.10. UEM 9.9. AppVolumes 2.18.6

Thank you

Martin

0 Kudos