VMware Horizon Community
denniskl
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon Client - RTAV, preferred speaker GPO?

Hello,

In my organization we have a problem with selecting audio devices while in session, one might say that this is very unfortunate when using multiple audio devices.
I found out that the problem could be solved within the settings menu > Real-Time Audio-Video > Preferred speaker > All
The default setting is: "Default"

What is the GPO setting we need to achieve this? The preferred webcam and microphone options are present, speaker is missing.

vmware-RTAV-prefspeak.jpg

Thanks

Dennis 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Let me try to understand your question better.

You observed that the default value of Preferred Webcam and Preferred Microphone are All, while Preferred Speaker is Default. You are asking for a GPO to set Preferred Speaker option to All. Right?

0 Kudos
denniskl
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that's right @ofox 

0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@denniskl  There's no such GPO currently. You can change the setting via UI. If there's a strong need for a new GPO we might add the feature request into the roadmap. If you have a local VMware contact please talk about your request with the contact.

0 Kudos
kanid99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry to resurrect this thread BUT ... I have this need too. I have hundreds of thin clients pre-configured for our users, is there no way to remotely set this to all for all of my clients ? It seems insane to expect that I would want to go and set it manually on each one.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@kanid99  please reach out to your VMware contact and raise the feature request.

0 Kudos