VMware Horizon Community
Kraucer
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon Client – Error: HTTP error 599

Last Saturday (08/21/2021) I was contacted by the company I work. What happens is that an incident where some users were getting an error screen below:

The solution's dashboard did not indicate an abnormal situation in the components, nor did we have alarms triggered by the monitored processes. The error situation was only occurring on one connection server and was intermittent. Referring to RFC the HTTP error code 599 is as “unassigned”. Searching the Internet, I found nothing either. You can be sure this is the first post on the planet with the hashtags #vmware #horizon #http #error #599.

Notice in this post how difficult it is to diagnose. Solution, power off/power on on the server and life that follows.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like out-dated driver issue causing this error or desktop disconnect.  see if any specific display driver requires update and that will correct this.

Davis231
Contributor
Contributor

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution Same issue still no fix to this.

Liteblue

SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Error you are getting while connecting to Horizon from internal network or external network

• If internal, is it going via LB or direct connect to Connection server FQDN?
  • Is Tunnel Enable on the Connection server?
  • Are you using Unified Access Gateway?
  • Did you configured any Pre-login Banner in the View Global settings?
0 Kudos
Kraucer
Contributor
Contributor

The problem affected all users trying to connect to one of our 4 connection servers. So, I think it has no reaction with the customer's video driver.

0 Kudos
Kraucer
Contributor
Contributor

1. internal, direct connect to Connection server FQDN

2. Tunnel disabled

3. Yes, but I tested the direct connection to the connection server

4. No

0 Kudos
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you check any proxy enabled causing this as per https://www.belugacdn.com/blog/cdn/error-599/

Kraucer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I had already consulted this link. The case is that everything returned to normal after a server reboot, ie, there was nothing related to proxy.

0 Kudos