VMware Horizon Community
Nirav32
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Horizon Client | Cannot Copy Text from local to remote machine

I have macOS version 11.5.2 with intel i7 processor.

I had VMware horizon client application 5.5.1 (17575406). and copying text from local to remote and and vice versa is working fine.

recently I install latest version of client (version 2106-8.3.0-18251973) and afterwards I cannot copy text from my local to remote machine. but copying text from remote machine to local is working fine.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Li_Huang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have checked the logs you provided, copy-paste failed because the client and agent version does not match, you may use a newly released client to connect to an old agent, please update your agent to Horizon 7.13.1 and later releases build.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
FelixYan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello

You can set the full log level on your Mac Client:

Set “vdpService.log.logLevel = verbose" in ~/Library/Preferences/VMware Horizon View/config
Set “MKSVchan.MKSVchanLogger.logLevel = verbose" in ~/Library/Preferences/VMware Horizon View/config (edited) 

Then reproduce the issue and upload the log here(~/Library/Logs/VMware/vmware-MKSVchanClient-xxxxx.log, ~/Library/Logs/VMware/vmware-vdpService-Client-xxxxx.log), thanks!

0 Kudos
Nirav32
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please see attached logs.
I do not see the "VMware Horizon View" folder inside Preferences
so I created a new config file.

steps I followed
- I connected to a remote VMware window machine.
- first I copy "test" word from remote to my local mac(worked fine).
- I copy "nirav@MacBook-Pro Logs" from my local mac and try to past in remote windows machine(not working).
- In the remote machine, I tried to past both the way and it still saw the old word "test" not the new word
1. passed short cut keys to past
2. mouse right-click and select past option.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Li_Huang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have checked the logs you provided, copy-paste failed because the client and agent version does not match, you may use a newly released client to connect to an old agent, please update your agent to Horizon 7.13.1 and later releases build.

Nirav32
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Li_Huang for reply.

Horizon agent is not owned by us and it is not in our control. So I cannot upgrade it.

If I use client application v 5.5.1 then copy past is working fine. But every time while connecting to the agent, it automatically downloads the latest client version and forcefully shows the upgrade dialog(no close/cancel button).

First option: is there any advanced configuration available to stop the automatic upgrade of clients?

other option: in the future, newer client version will be backward compatible? So I can use it with an older agent.

0 Kudos
Li_Huang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Nirav32,

For the option #1, you can try to disable Auto Update in the Preferences(see the screenshot), uncheck the "Automatically check for updates" and "Download newly available updates in the background", then quit horizon client and relaunch.

For the option #2, in general, the new client/agent will be designed to be backward compatible with old agent/client, but the agent you are connecting is from a branch with a special hot patch, and it is only delivered to specific customer, it requires using v5.5.1 client, we may not have a plan in the future releases to support this version of agent for now.

Nirav32
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Li_Huang for the quick reply.

I tried to disable auto-update in the Preferences but unfortunately, it automatically enable again.

I shared the logs and video here for this issue.

0 Kudos
Li_Huang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Nirav32,

Your mac should be managed in certain Devices Management solution like WorkSpaceOne by your company, IT staff might have applied policy to force your horizon mac client to update to the latest one, so you may need IT colleague's help to stop the Auto Update