VMware Horizon Community
cowboyberkeley
Contributor
Contributor

VMware-Horizon-Client-2012-8.1.0-17349995 VMware-Horizon-Client-2006-8.0.0-16531419 "Install Failed"

System:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz,  Windows 10 PRO version 20H2, OS Build 19042.746

Receiving the following error installing the latest VMware Horizon clients.  

This is approximately where the error occurs:

VMware client install1.PNG

VMware client install2.PNG

I've already tried the following to resolve this issue:

1.  Install Vmware Client with Administrative permissions
2.  Disable firewall
3.  Uninstall Mcafee
4.  Perform Custom install without any options checked.
5.  Silently install using command prompt.  
6.  Unable to install VMware-Horizon-Client-4.10.0-11021086.  Same error message

Log File attached.  

The only version I'm successfully able to run is VMware-Horizon-View-Client-x86_64-3.5.2-3150477

Thanks in advance for your guidance.  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cunliffe
Contributor
Contributor

See my own thread for a very similar issue. I also can only get V5.2 to load and no later versions. Check the Windows Event Viewer (Event Viewer->Windows Logs->System) for more specific errors. In my case it was an error about interactive processes not being allowed for which I am yet to find a fix.

0 Kudos
Marvin89
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue this morning and managed to fix it! After all trying all the obvious things I noticed Adobe CC wasn't working on my machine as well. Luckily this gives a much more usefull error because when I tried to launch it it reported that msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll were missing.

To fix this I used the repair option on all the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packages that are current;y installed on my system and supported this option (go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program > select the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package > Click on Change > Choose Repair, repeat for all packages that can be "changed".

After this I was able to run the VMware Horizon Client installation successfully (and my Adobe CC installation resumed working as well as a bonus).

I hope this helps you as well!

0 Kudos
Cunliffe
Contributor
Contributor

A variation on a theme has now resolved my iussue.

Having previously tried 'upgrading' and 'repairing' C++ on my laptop, I finally uninstalled every version of C++  i had (X86 & X64 2015-2019). I DID NOT reinstall it.

I then ran the VMWare install executable again. I expected it to fail. It detected C++ was missing and instead reinstalled it itself. The install for VMWare Horizon Client v8.1 then completed successfully.

0 Kudos