VMware Horizon Community
StewieGriffen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMware Horizon Application Publishing Problem

Hello All,

I am trying to learn how to deploy applications through vmware horizon. But I seem to have run into a bit of an issue.  The application is  not filling up the whole screen. In both the Horizon client and HTML5. So i am running Horizon 8 with a Server 2016 RDS  Server that has the applications installed on it. When i rdp to the server  everything looks  ok.  I tried VMware Blast and PCoip both end up the same. Did i configure something incorrectly if so how do i find out what i did wrong? 

small.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StewieGriffen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The issue is resolved.  I deployed 2019 and everything is working fine. I think it has something to do with Server 2016. Thanks for all your help

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
StewieGriffen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried reinstalling the applications and i am having the same issue. Is there anything else i could try to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Check the vram assigned to the RDS VM?

Sorry not done too much RDS and when I have it worked

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
StewieGriffen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I currently have 10 gigs of ram and total video memory is at 128 mb assigned to the RDS Server.

0 Kudos
StewieGriffen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So, maybe this is a screen resolution problem on the vdi. When i launch the wordpad it loads windows first and it is the same size as the wordpad. Could the problem be what the RDSH server is using at the moment?

screenshot3.png

0 Kudos
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

tried this?

published application opening in full screen - VMware Technology Network VMTN

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
StewieGriffen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried both protocols but i am not publishing a desktop so i am not seeing the actually ap i in the horizon client

screenshot3.png

0 Kudos
StewieGriffen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The issue is resolved.  I deployed 2019 and everything is working fine. I think it has something to do with Server 2016. Thanks for all your help

0 Kudos