VMware Horizon Community
IIPM
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon 8.4 (2111) - "Collect Support Data" not working // Keyboard Behaviour query

Good Morning All,

I wondered if anyone could kindly assist?

I'm trying to help a user with an issue (details below) by submitting a support ticket with VMware. We have been asked to attach the logs files generated in VMware Horizon Client via: About VMware Horizon Client > Collect Support Data. Their personal device is a MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey 12.1. It says the log files have been saved to Desktop, but nothing is saved, no ZIP file is exported (and we've searched the entire MacBook // reinstalled VMware Horizon).

Anyone seen this before?

On a side note, I wondered if anyone had come across this behaviour?

Every so often (at random), their VM behaves like the SHIFT key is being held down (and it's not), i.e. lower case becomes upper case, or when they highlight a particular word, the whole line in their Word document is highlighted. We can't replicate this issue, and it only happens when connecting via VMware Horizon Client. No issues in the office, no issues using the VMware HTML method. Also, no one else on MacOS has reported this issue. To resolve, they either wait a couple of minutes, or press a few buttons on their keyboard for it to go away. Personally, I think there's a key delay between their MacBook and VMware (or a MacBook fault, as only they're having issues). They noticed the CAPS LOCK key was lit up when it happened. Very odd.

Many Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Reply
agalliasis_VS
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding your "SHIFT" key issue.  It seems strangly similar to this old discussion about Horizon 7.0.1.  Can you have them try the Shift+Any Key to see if it releases? 

Shift key stuck in 7.0.1 when using Blast - VMware Technology Network VMTN

0 Kudos