VMware Horizon Community
JV5x69
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon 7 screen resolution

Hello,

We are experiencing some strange resolution/scaling issues with users in horizon view 7.1(Windows 7) who bounce between laptop to zero client. Users have a dell 3379 with 125%-150% scaling and when they disconnect a session from the laptop and login using a zero client the scaling from the laptop sticks it does not adjust the scaling automatically to the zero client settins. Is there a known fix for this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From the query description, I see the issue is specific to Zero Clients. Did you check If you can reproduce the issue with  VMware fat clients? Also, have you updated the firmware and drivers of Zero Clients?

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
ksliger_pnfp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am experiencing the same issue. The issue doesn't specifically seem to be tied to terminals. After my VDI desktop reboots, if I log into it from my laptop then disconnect and log into my PC at work the resolution doesn't seem to adjust properly. If I connect to my VDI desktop from my PC first, then disconnect and connect to VDI from my laptop I do not ever experience the issue. As our environment has grown we are getting more and more complaints about this from people who use multiple devices. We are on Horizon 7.0.3. I don't recall ever experiencing this issue with other versions.

Is anyone else experiencing this and aware of a fix? Is this issue resolved in newer releases?

0 Kudos