VMware Horizon Community
ITDON21
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Horizon 2006 running on Windows 10 64 BIT No Mouse Cursor under Blast Server

Hello we just upgraded our VMware Horizon Client to version 2006 8.0.0 (16531419)

The clients are Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit   We are connecting to Windows 10 Pro running VMware Horizon Agent 7.12.0

Both the Client and the Host are running identical versions of Windows 10 PRO 1903 OS Build 18362.1082

Our Server is:

VMware Horizon 7

7.12.0 build - 15770369

When I connect via VMware Blast the mouse cursor disappears, its there, but you just cannot see it.  You have to do a CTRL/ALT and the mouse appears until you click back on the remote host.

I have tried the fix with no luck.  

Change the registry key 'EnableCursorSuppression' to '0'.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\EnableCursorSuppression=0

When I connect VIA RDP everything works just fine.  

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ITDON21
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a ticket with VMware Support.

0 Kudos
tvalcesia
Contributor
Contributor

Are there differences when trying to connect using PCoIP or Blast?

Thiago Valcesia
Senior Solution Engineer, EUC | VCIX – DTM | Office of the CTO, Ambassador
0 Kudos
ITDON21
Contributor
Contributor

Yes,

PCOIP gives me a black screen, Blast has no mouse cursor, and RDP works perfectly.   My other Vmware system with 5 HA servers has 150 Virtual PC's and they all work just fine.  Older version of view, but not new enough  to run stand alone physical PC's. 

0 Kudos
tvalcesia
Contributor
Contributor

PCoIP in a Black Screen seems to be a network port issue. Check if all network ports are properly configured.

Follow this TechZone link with all ports and protocols to be open: Network Ports in VMware Horizon 7 | VMware

Just to clarify on your last comment: When you wrote stand alone physical PC's, if you're relating to access from VMware Horizon a physical machine, it's supported RDP into Windows Professional. If you are using Windows Enterprise, you can use Blast. Check this link about my comment: Using Horizon 7 to Access Physical Windows Machines | VMware

Thiago Valcesia
0 Kudos
ITDON21
Contributor
Contributor

I had a call with VMwareTechnical Support and they stated that Windows 10 Pro 64 bit is not supported under VMware Horizons.  You must use Windows 10 Enterprise?????

I am still looking for a work around..........

0 Kudos
tvalcesia
Contributor
Contributor

In order to access physical machines with Windows 10 Professional, the only supported protocol is RDP.

Thiago Valcesia
0 Kudos