When using the latest VMware View Client with Login as current user enabled we constantly receive the message "The connection server authentication failed. Unable to process call" and GSSAPI failed error connecting to any broker or using the new direct feature. But if we launch the client using the "run as administrator" option everything works fine.
The majority of our users do not have local admin and we just started seeing this issue with the latest client everything worked okay before.
Any ideas on a workaround or solution?
This kb-article seems to apply to this issue:
I seem to have exactly the same problem with the new 2.2. client. If I use login as a current user I'll get the GSSAPI failure message if I'm not using the run as a administrator option. Old client worked just fine with normal user rights. Os is Windows 7 x64 and we have a Windows 2008r2 Domain controllers and running horizon view 5.2 .
I cannot reproduced in my env. I was encountered similar issue but it was because of AD replication problem. And not constantly occur.
Is there any specific GPO in your env? And could you try it on a fresh install view client 2.2?
And if possible. Could you help to:
1. Set client and broker's log level to 3
2. Reproduce the problem and record the time.
3. Collect the DCT log and share it to us. (If possible, please don't remove the event log of broker and client)
Thanks a lot.
Please make sue that:
1) The users you mentioned are all domain users(local user can not be used for login as current user feature).
2) Disable the login as current user function, input the user name and password manually, make sure the authentication can be successful.
3) After you installed view client with login as current user feature, make sure your machine has restarted.
During the problem happened, would you please help to check the Event viewer. For Win7, you can do as this:
Control Panel-> All Control Panel Items-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer
In Event Viewer dialog, open the left trees: Event Viewer(Local)-> Windows Logs-> Application
And check is there any DC related errors. If yes, please upload the error info here. Then remove the client machine from domain and re-join again. Check if it works.
BTW, does the problem only happen in one special machine or all your client machines?
Would you please let me know your full computer name and domain name?
Computer->Properties to get the two values.
The problem should happen when your primary domain is different from the primary DNS in your computer settings.