VMware Horizon Community
mastertime
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Folder redirection without Persona Management

Hi,

when the user logs in the desktop pool. in the file server I see username and username.V2. the review I can see that one is a persona management and the other is of folder redirection.

Can I only use folder redirection without persona management? I want to redirect all folders. the goal is that the file server only shows a folder for each user.

seeking information I have seen that  a repository for persona management is recommended and one for folder redirection but I do not like this option.

any ideas?

regards

2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You could use folder redirection without persona management but then your users would have to use a local profile which would force you into a persistent pool model.     If you would to use linked clones in a floating pool configuration then you would want persona or some other third party profile tool.

mastertime
Contributor
Contributor

ok understand. I have implemented Persona management using two shares. for each persona and one for folder redirection and this has worked well.

I have redirected the My Documents folder. but it happens that in some cases this leaves the person's repository

any idea of the redirecion folders works only sometimes am a little confused about

thanks

0 Kudos