VMware Horizon Community
tgrwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware Downloads Not Working

I have tried to download Horizon Client for the last two days.  Every time I go to the link, I get a blank screen.  I connected with support and they "reset" my profile and said to check after 24 hours, but this happens regardless of who the user is.  

Anyone else experience this?

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_horizon_...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Desktop_enginee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Try to download again. VMware just reached out and I confirmed I am now able to access and download now.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Desktop_enginee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes having the same issue

yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@tgrwa @Desktop_enginee 

Sorry for the delay in confirmation.
At 19:00 (JST) on 4/18, I was able to download Horizon Client 2303.

Is the problem still occurring?

Desktop_enginee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yes the problem is still occurring. 

epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Likewise. We've opened an SR regarding it (yesterday), hoping to hear something soon about it.

tgrwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes it is.  The only way I was able to download anything was to vpn and connect through an IP outside of the US.

benmcmilloniv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue this morning. Every browser, every machine...the downloads page is blank. I was finally able to get the page to come up on my home machine by using Edge and resetting the browser to default settings. Unfortunately, that doesn't help me to download it at the office, which is where I need it. Looks like I'll have to download it at home and then transfer the files to the office some other way.

jivu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i have the same issue, whats going on, 

CTRIM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Maybe their site code needs updating...? Browser is blowing up with errors.

Audit usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform
A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.
To fix this issue, replace the usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform with feature detection, progressive enhancement, or migrate to navigator.userAgentData.
Note that for performance reasons, only the first access to one of the properties is shown.
2 sources
utag.sync.js:1
1.js:1
Learn more: User-Agent String Reduction
Deprecated Feature Used
chrome.loadTimes() is deprecated, instead use standardized API: nextHopProtocol in Navigation Timing 2.
1 source
scripts.5055b5a….js:1
Learn more: Check the feature status page for more details.
Deprecated Feature Used
Deprecated Feature Used
Page layout may be unexpected due to Quirks Mode
One or more documents in this page is in Quirks Mode, which will render the affected document(s) with quirks incompatible with the current HTML and CSS specifications.
Quirks Mode exists mostly due to historical reasons. If this is not intentional, you can add or modify the DOCTYPE to be `<!DOCTYPE html>` to render the page in No Quirks Mode.
1 element
Document in the DOM tree Mode URL
document Quirks Mode https://customerconnect.vmware.com/downloads/
Learn more: Document compatibility mode

0 Kudos
MaryR333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

same here; opened support case but have not heard back.

Tags (1)
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

OP on Reddit in this same thread has a workaround listed. I haven't tried it myself, but sharing here.

VMware Downloads Page - Not Loading : vmware (reddit.com)

EDIT - thanks to u/govatent for this workaround that worked for me

Set your computer host file this way:

23.44.100.30 customerconnect.vmware.com

I needed to reboot before I got it to resolve properly.

Desktop_enginee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Try to download again. VMware just reached out and I confirmed I am now able to access and download now.

epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Looks like the issue is resolved. We were contacted by our TAM yesterday and told the site should be reachable again, and it is. Hopefully everyone else is seeing the same.

MaryR333
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks. yes, was able to get in yesterday afternoon.  

tgrwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is working now.

tgrwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is now working.

CTRIM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@tgrwa , Your reply was actually very helpful when it came to resolving this with VMWare.

0 Kudos