VMware Horizon Community
hernanleonidasf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware DEM printer mapping not working

Hi people! I have configured the printers mapping through the DEM Server console, but when users log in, the printers do not appear. The environment is Horizon 7.11 instant clones Windows 10 and DEM 9.11. Has anyone had the same problem?.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hernanleonidasf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your help . The VDI loaded the first printer within the list configured in DEM Server, but the rest did not appear. The problem was that the VDI did not have the drivers for that printer, therefore it stuck the rest of the process. I solved it by disabling the mapping of said printer, making the rest of the printers appear mapped. I will proceed to install the corresponding drivers in the master image.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
alexkalinchuk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In the DEM profile share what do you see in the logs, is the mapping being attempted? Are you able to manually map the printer?

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Are you using appvolumes along side DEM? If so, do you have writable volumes?

If you are running printer mapping synchronously please check in respective flexengine.log do you see printer mapping getting processed successfully Or it fails?

If you have enabled async mapping in DEM manager, check the file 'flexengine-asyc.log' for any error while mapping printer. If you are unsure, please share both the log files.

0 Kudos
hernanleonidasf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, the VDI have the AppVolume agent installed but I do not have any Writiable App attached.

The logs show these messages:

[ERROR] Error setting printer '\\PS01.XXX.local\XXX019' as default ('Buenos Aires - Sistemas - Oki ML320.xml')

[ERROR] Error 183 trying to map printer '\\PS01.XXX.local\XXX001' ('Comodoro - Sistemas - Lexmark T654.xml')

The printers are configured asynchronously. In total there are 7 printers but only 1 appears in the control panel.

Yes, the VDI have the AppVolume agent installed but I do not have any Writiabling printer '\\PS01.pcr.local\PBA019' as default ('Buenos Aires - Sistemas - Oki ML320.xm

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

error 183 means ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS.

Make sure option 'undo at logoff and refresh during printer refresh' is enabled and try again.

Are you able to map any of the the failed printer manually on VDI, when it fails to map through DEM? If manual mapping also fails, DEM will not be able to map it as well.

0 Kudos
hernanleonidasf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If I add the printers manually it works without problem. I already activated the option you indicated, but they still do not appear automatically.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you test without any appstacks once? 

0 Kudos
hernanleonidasf
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your help . The VDI loaded the first printer within the list configured in DEM Server, but the rest did not appear. The problem was that the VDI did not have the drivers for that printer, therefore it stuck the rest of the process. I solved it by disabling the mapping of said printer, making the rest of the printers appear mapped. I will proceed to install the corresponding drivers in the master image.

0 Kudos
Nahid2313
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, Thanks for the solution. Can you please help me,, Where I have to add those printer driver in master image and how I can install printer driver without printer connecting to master image. 

0 Kudos