VMware Horizon Community
Olsen201110141
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Blast Compression >> Disable

Hi everyone. Apologies as this might be a simple question. I looked everywhere but I can't find the answer or documentation. When using VMware Horizon client using Blast protocol, is there an option totally disable compression?

In Horizon client, there's an option to disable H.264 codec. Upon further research, it seems that it will use another codec which is PNG. Also, by default, it uses lossy compression, but it can be configured as lossless. Here's an excerpt from guide.

========

Blast Extreme Technology Blast Extreme can use the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or the User Datagram Protocol (UDP). For H.264-enabled client devices, the default is H.264; for devices that are not capable of hardware decoding, Blast Extreme uses the JPG/PNG codec. Blast Extreme uses lossy compression by default, but it can also be configured for lossless compression.

========

My question is, is there an option for us to disable this compression totally? And can you please point me to the document that states this if there's any?

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

CCENT
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Olsen201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone please?

CCENT
0 Kudos
SanjaySP1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I'm working internally to find an answer to your question.

Are you asking if we can send every frame raw without any encoding?

Thanks

Sanjay

0 Kudos