VMware Horizon Community
alwaysnodowntim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMview 5 PCOIP black screen

Hello everyone!  I have upgraded from 4.6 to 5.0.  PCOIP was working perfectly fine until now.  As soon as I did the upgrade PCOIP no longer works, RDP works fine.  Nothing has been changed on the firewalls as this wasn't part of the upgrade.  I noticed that the video driver was changed when you upgrade the agent to 5.0.  I've even tried moving through all the current video drivers svga II and others to no avail.  Any ideas?   Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is another thing that I have seen, verify that the "External URL" is correct. The installer seem to change that back to the local hostname instead and that will cause PCoIP sessions to fail if you the clients are resolving to another name.

I guess that is a small bug in the installer.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Did you upgrade VMware tools? If so, be sure to install the View agent after VMware tools.

Any errors in the log?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
alwaysnodowntim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yep, I blew both away and reinstalled tools, rebooted then the agent and rebooted. still the same result.

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Under your view connection server settings is the PCoIP Secure Gateway Ip address correct? Did the IP addr. change?

Is the "Use PCoIP Secure Gateway for PCoIP connections to desktop" checked off?

Larry

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There is another thing that I have seen, verify that the "External URL" is correct. The installer seem to change that back to the local hostname instead and that will cause PCoIP sessions to fail if you the clients are resolving to another name.

I guess that is a small bug in the installer.

// Linjo

0 Kudos
hueglin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have the same behaviour.

After the Upgrade, the internal Connectionserver works well, the other with the paired Security Server will work with rdp from outside, but not with PCoIP. When you choose PCoIP then a black screen appears for some seconds, then the session is disconnected.

All Settings like the external URL, the "Use secure tunnel" usw. are ok, all FW Settings are ok..

No "legal notice" GPO is configured.

Any hints?

Sigurd

VCP
0 Kudos
hueglin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

found the problem in my case:

After updating the Security Server, I checked the "External URL", but did not take care of the "PCoIP External URL" of teh Security Server.

The Update Routine of the Security Server changed the "PCoIP External URL" to the internal IP 192.168.xxx.xxx:4172, resetting it to the external  IP of my "External URL" 87.xxx.xxx.xxx:4172 solved the Problem, now it works as before...

Sigurd

VCP
0 Kudos
alwaysnodowntim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That did it!!!! Yup, a bug. I knew it was simple. Thanks all for the help!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check the following information http://communities.vmware.com/thread/336389

Hope this information helps you.

Im a nobody.. nobodys perfect.. therefore IM PERFECT!!! http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbulletin-smile.gif

0 Kudos