VMware Horizon Community
DKramkowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare View Workstation, Multiple users

I've searched google, to no avail. Is it possible to assign one user to multiple View virtual workstations? When I try to assign a user to multiple workstations, I get an error stating 'The user cannot be assigned the selected Desktop becuase this user has already assigned ownership of a desktop in the pool'. Yet in the VMWare view client, I have an option toi 'switch desktop'.

Is there any way to assign a user to moret than one desktop? The client would suggest 'yes'....

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HIsgett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is my understanding that you can only have one desktop assigned per pool. When you switch desktops as the client is suggesting, you are really just switching to another pool of desktops whether dedicated or floating.

0 Kudos
DKramkowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's unfortunate. It really limits View's scalability. I can't imagine I'm the only one looking to be able to provision multiple desktops to a user so that they can have seperate desktops for different functions.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You can assign a  single user to multiple desktops as long as they are in different dedicated pools.  You just can't assign multiple desktops within the same dedicated pool.

0 Kudos