VMware Horizon Community
Alex88
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare View Linked Clones issue

Hello. I have VMWare View 4.5 installed in standard configuration and Windows 7 as a client machine. Pool setting are as at the image 1.But all machines are creating as at image 2. All 6 machines created....But why???

I hope for your help.Thank you...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums.  So you have your pool set to one snapshot but the machines are being created with another image?    Did you perform your snapshot creation properly?    The best practice is to modify master, ipconfig /release on master, shutdown master, create snapshot, and then assign snapshot to the pool. 

0 Kudos
Alex88
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks mittim12 for your answer.

I have only one parent image and snapshot was created properly.  But when i have created a pool, i indicated values of the pool  provisioning like on the image1. But the maximum number of machines was created! Please look at the image 2.

What can be configured inproperly????

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I see what you are saying now.  is it a floating pool or a dedicated pool?

0 Kudos
Alex88
Contributor
Contributor

Its dedicated pool...

0 Kudos
Alex88
Contributor
Contributor

Its Automated, linked cloned, dedicated pool.

0 Kudos
Alex88
Contributor
Contributor

Any ideas????Please?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Check the following information..... http://www.vmware.com/support/ws55/doc/ws_clone_overview.html

Hope this information helps you. http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbulletin-smile.gif

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Are any of them assigned to users?   You specified on the provisioning page to have 1 available so as one gets assigned another one is created so the pool is adhering to the one available rule.   

0 Kudos
Alex88
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, im must created as you said. On demand...But its provisioning ALL in short time periods. And i did not found information why...The users are assigned to this pool...

0 Kudos