VMware Horizon Community
jchilton
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWare View Agent for Linux 64 bit Ubuntu - can't install

Hi all, can someone help me install the viewagent for Horizon 7 onto a Linux Ubuntu 14.04 VM? I'm playing with a dev environment to learn more about Horizn 7 and Linux desktops.

I've downloaded the tar file, unzipped it and saved it to the desktop but when i run the install_viewagent.sh it reports its found a few files glib etc then recommends i install an indicator session package for better experience before returning to the normal command prompt.  I've tried following the vmware H7 guide and followed the instructions ref vmware tools and installing dependencies.

BTW I'm a Linux newby who is learning quickly but surely it can't be this difficult.

Any help would be appreciated.  I've tried googling for this stuff and can't find many posts - I guess its pretty new.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please post your question to VMware Horizon for Linux with logs and someone will help you there.

0 Kudos
Lindsayl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you tried to upgrade the indicator-session package which mentioned in "Install Dependency Packages for Horizon Agent" part of Chapter 2?

There are two steps.

0 Kudos