VMware Horizon Community
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMWare- USB Redirection not working

I currently have a case open with VMWare, but if I could solve it sooner than later, then great. I have an old VM that was in an old environment we migrated it to a new environment, I upgraded the hardware and upgraded it to Windows 10. In the old environment the USB redirection worked. I thought maybe it was a Windows 10 issue, but I have another pool that works just fine. I can see in the logs "Usb redirection through virtual channel is disabled." But I cannot find an answer anywhere of why this is happening. In view I have checked the USB policy and I have it explicitly set to Allow. We do not disabled USB through GPO either. Security software policy also does not disallow it. Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me who is bored on a Saturday and feels like they can answer this perplexing problem.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So the resolution to my problem was to uninstall VMWare agent then remove the certificates in the VMWare View and VMWare Horizon folders. And then reinstall the agent. Certificates.... should've known.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi R_Mesa,

Did not see your post yesterday, but maybe "bored on a Sunday" does the trick as well 🙂

Are you maybe using User Environment Manager? If so, take a look at Re: USB Drives and Mobile phones not showing up in VM.

nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Perhaps the agent was not installed with USB redirection enabled? I suggest uninstalling the Horizon agent and reinstalling, ensuring that the USB redirection checkbox is selected.

-Nick

R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are not using UEM here in our environment unfortunately. I did look to see if by chance the key even existed, and it does not. Thank you though.

R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thought about that and no, that was not it. I had even tried a different agent version, no dice.

0 Kudos
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So the resolution to my problem was to uninstall VMWare agent then remove the certificates in the VMWare View and VMWare Horizon folders. And then reinstall the agent. Certificates.... should've known.