VMware Horizon Community
novacorona
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon on Chromebook gives white screen

I'm using a chromebook connected to an external monitor for my job and we use Horizon for our workspace. The issue is I'm not able to get Horizon pulled up on both screens. I can maximize it on the monitor, but it'll only display there. If I maximize it on the chromebook, itll pull up on both screens but it'll be a blank white screen on both. This issue has affected a few people i work with, but some have no issue. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
alienjoker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Have you tried an earlier/newer version of the client? I've had this issue on a mac with the newest client version, but rolling back resolved the problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
novacorona
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, we arent able to change much on these chromebooks as theyre locked by my employer

0 Kudos
AaronWei
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From your description, I think the Horizon Client from Google play store was used. It is expected behavior that the device could enter multi-monitor mode only on maximizing the session window in the device screen but not the external display. The behavior may be changed in the next release.

For the issue showing white content for multi-monitor mode. I think it is the not enough VRAM issue for the VM. Setting more VRAM for the VM should help, or you could try to reduce the client resolution, by setting "1/2 scaling" in the Horizon client settings -> display -> resolution.

0 Kudos
AaronWei
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Another possible solution, you could try the "Horizon Client for ChromeOS" from the Google webstore, it may have better support for multi-monitor.

0 Kudos
newmoonrsg
Contributor
Contributor

Chromebook version 107.0.5

I have tried all of the suggestions below and none have helped. If I use the HTML version - everything is perfect BUT I can't use the extended screen to the 2nd monitor. When I use the App from the play store (same app as the Web Store), it works initially then goes white screen - sometimes with pixelations. Our whole office uses chromebooks and the vmware horizon app and now they can't use the 2nd monitor. Everyone is in an uproar. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos