VMware Horizon Community
zggame
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon View Client linux 2006 and 5.5 crash on ubuntu 20.04/Mint 20 dell inspiron 13

I have a Dell inspriron 13 5378 (i5 7200u) with touch screen. (1080) I tried to use the VMWare horizon view client to access the company's VDI. Our company use this workspace to first login in browser and then start the VDI (using browser or using client). I installed the latest horizon view client from their website (64-bit executable). It will start the client, then get to the black screen and crash in a minute or so. I tied 5.5 and it crashes as well.

The browser vdi works fine. The client also works fine with the windows version in the same machine. I also used it with another old laptop and it works fine too( also with ubuntu mate 20.04).

I checked the log at /tmp/vware-{user} and nothing jumped out.

I installed Mint 20 Cinnimon and it rashed the same way. 

Also, I passed the Authentication window, then the load desktop screen. The whole thing gets into black screen and then crash. In 5.5, sometimes, it shows "The display protocol for this desktop is currently busy processing a request. Please contact your system administrator. "

I attached log in /tmp 

Screenshot from 2020-12-13 11-23-05.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnttiAnt
Contributor
Contributor

I have asked this from VMware support. They keep askin log files with weird isntructions. I'm sure thy have not tested this properly. Client works nicely on a virtual machine running the same ubuntu version in the same host that cannot run vmware client.

I wonder why it is for them to test this in a real world...

0 Kudos