VMware Horizon Community
staffordp
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon Client

I have a question about this client.  When installed on a PC and connecting to a VM via this client, does the VM holder (or company in this case), are they granted any special priveledges to alter or modify any of your system settings?

I ask because during this pandemic I have been issued a laptop with the client installed. However, I prefer running my own personal desktop and was given the choice to install this client and connect to the VDI this way.

My concerns are:

- activity monitoring (when using my local machine, not through the VM)

- removal of applications (again, on the client not the VM)

- any sort of wiping or administrative privileges granted to the client to perform such operations over the client (in this case the Windows desktop running the client).

Thank you.

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not the Horizon Client as far as I am aware.

They’re not “managing” your device like Workspace ONE could be configured to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
staffordp
Contributor
Contributor

Not the Horizon Client as far as I am aware.

How confident are you in this statement? 95% 100%?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I run a horizon environment and there isn't anything that can do that Its, they may have stuff on the virtual desktop, but something else would need to be installed on your desktop for them to do anything your referring to.